Want to be successful organically on Instagram in 2022 and beyond?
In this post, I’m sharing with you 5 future-proof hacks to help you improve your reach on Instagram without spending hours doing it!
Each of these hacks are really super quick to do right now and will get you results the very next time you post!
These are some of the strategies I offer in my own social media management services.
1. Branded Hashtags
Use your branded hashtag and regularly encourage your fans to follow it. If you don’t have one, create one! It could be your business name, nickname or something very closely related to your brand or offerings.
So the more people that follow your hashtag the better as it’s another opportunity for you to be seen via the feed.
Remember to add to your Reels too!
2. Check Insights
Keep checking your insights! I know I forgot to check mine.
Go through them with a fine-tooth comb. What are your top three performing posts, how were they found, what was the image or video of?
Whatever the winners were, try and post more just like them!
Think you done hashtag research already? Think again, things are always changing. You need to regularly conduct hashtag research as some hashtags become too large, some become just right and some trendy ones are now ‘so last year’.
So you can see it pays to keep on top of the right ones to use.
Tip: keep them saved in topic collections in a scheduler like Planoly, Later etc.
4. SEO Optimised Posts
Get ready for 2022 and beyond by SEO optimising your posts.
- Keywords: The words and phrases you use in your posts must be related to what you sell, your niche or what you are all about – so stay on topic!
- Hashtags: Always try and keep the majority of hashtags you use relevant.
- Geo tags: Using these are another opportunity to get found by people your location.
- Brand tags: Ensure you tag in other accounts such as suitable feature accounts, collaborators, your brand reps and so on.
Here is a super quick video post hack.
This tip is great for if you’re having a bad hair day, you’re out and about, away from your desk, or you simply don’t have time to do a proper video.
Why? Because video rules ok!
Ok here’s how:
- Find a video clip that’s free for commercial use. So Canva.com or Pixabay.com.
- Choose a clip that relates to your brand in some way. For example, pet supplies find a cat or dog clip. Artist or creative a clip of ink in water. Eco-friendly brands can use a clip of forest trees or waterfalls etc.
- Upload to reels/posts and add a caption. Could be 3 things you did this week, your brand ethos, a new product teaser (coming soon…!) or simply asking your audience to subscribe to your newsletter.
I hope you’ve found these quick-to-do tips helpful.
If you’re looking for help managing your social media then get in touch and learn how I can help.