Want grow an audience and increase your reach on Instagram in 2023 and beyond?
In this post, I’m sharing with you 5 future-proof tips to help you increase your reach on Instagram without having to spend hours working on it!
Each of these tips are really super quick to do right now and will get you results the very next time you post! These are some of the strategies I use to grow organically and authentically on my Instagram account.
The first thing to do is to check your insights!
Go through them with a fine-tooth comb. What are your top three performing posts? How were they found? What was the image or video of?
Whatever the winners were, try and post more just like them!
Hashtags are still relevant, especially for newer accounts, and using the right ones in your posts will help increase reach on Instagram.
If you think you’ve done hashtag research already, think again! Things are always changing. You need to regularly conduct hashtag research as some hashtags become too large, some become just right and some trendy ones are now ‘so last year’.
So you can see it pays to keep on top of the right ones to use.
Tip: keep them saved in topic collections on a spreadsheet or scheduler like Planoly, Later etc.
Here’s a lesser-known tip that people aren’t doing – use your branded hashtag and regularly encourage your fans to follow it.
If you don’t have a branded hashtag, create one! It could be your business name, nickname or something very closely related to your brand or offerings. For example, mine is simply #thecreativesdesk
The idea being is that the more people that follow your hashtag the better, as it’s another opportunity for you to be seen via the feed.
Remember to add to your Reel descriptions too!
Don’t miss this free resource download 👇
Free Social Media Captions & Ideas for Product-Based Businesses
SEO Optimised Posts
Get ready for next year and beyond by SEO optimising your posts.
- Keywords: The words and phrases you use in your posts must be related to what you sell, your niche or what you are all about – so stay on topic!
- Hashtags: Always try and keep the majority of hashtags you use relevant.
- Geo tags: Using these are another opportunity to get found by people your location.
- Brand tags: Ensure you tag in other accounts such as suitable feature accounts, collaborators, your brand reps and so on.
Ok, so I don’t need to tell you that short-form videos will boost your reach on Insta.
So here is a super quick video post hack…
This tip is great for if you’re having a bad hair day, you’re out and about, away from your desk, or you simply don’t have time to create a proper video.
Why? Because video rules ok!
Ok here’s how:
1. Find video clips that are free for commercial use. So search on Canva.com or Pixabay.com.
2. Choose a clip that relates to your brand in some way. For example, pet businesses could use a cat or dog clip. Eco-friendly brands could use a clip of forest trees, leaves in the breeze or a waterfall – you get the idea.
3. Upload to Reels and add some text and a short caption. This could be 3 things you did this week, an inspiring or entertaining quote, your brand ethos, a new product teaser (coming soon…!) or just asking your audience to subscribe to your newsletter.
4. Post it with some suitable music and there you have it, another quick and easy way of boosting your reach on Instagram.
I hope you’ve found these quick-to-do tips helpful.
If you’re looking for help with your social media content, take a look around our social media templates to help give your IG feed a glow-up and help speed up creating your content.